Skip to content

Jimmy Webb on worrying

June 27, 2011

Jimmy Webb is the songwriter behind Up up and away and loads more. He’s coming to Australia this week and I was lucky enough to have a chat with him. This quote on worrying I think makes particularly good advice…

As you get older you realise that most of the worrying that you do – 90% of the things that you worry about don’t ever happen and the other 10% they can be handled, unless it’s life threatening and then we’re in another category. Sometimes the things that we’re most worried about, it happens and it turns out to be the best thing that ever happens – ‘God I’m glad I got away from that job’. It’s a good idea to try and stay as loose as you can in this life – if you’re wound up too tight you’re not going to last.”

Jimmy Webb, June 2011

 

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. June 27, 2011 9:29 am

    great philosophy, pardi!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: